We love a step - by - step guide at Media A La Carte. This one shows you how to use Presets for editing your Instagram photos. We’re going to take you from finding them, downloading them, getting them into your Lightroom App, to getting those beautiful edits on to your photos. Here we go.
1. Before you start, make sure you download the Adobe Lightroom App.
2. There are lots of ways to find presets. You can simply Google "free lightroom mobile presets", or you can head to Etsy to purchase unique presets created by artists. We googled "free lightroom mobile presets" - and landed on a website called Presets Galore that had lots of free options.
3. We liked the look of the "Sunlit Mobile Lightroom Preset", plus it's free - so no risk trying this one out. Click the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button. The file will download as a zip file.
BONUS TIP 🔥: Never click a download button on a site that doesn't have the lock symbol next to the website address.
4. Now go to the "Files" app on your iPhone. Go to the downloads section, and click on the zip file to unzip it.
5. Click over to the Lightroom Mobile App. Click into the "All Photos" section. Then tap on the ... in the top right corner. Then select "Add Photos".
6. Then click on "From Files". If you have an iCloud Drive that stores files from your computer too, make sure you're on the "On My iPhone" section of your files. Then select "Downloads".
7. Click on the file named Sunlit. It will then automatically save as a DNG file to the "All Photos" section of your Lightroom Mobile App.
8. Tap on the new DNG file so it expands to full screen view (below). Then select the 3 dots in the top right corner. Now click "Create Preset".
9. Name your preset, and click the check mark in the top right corner. After that's done, you've successfully saved your preset.
10. Now it's time to actually edit a photo. Click on the small + symbol in the bottom right of the screen. Then select "From Camera Roll".
10. Choose a photo from your camera. Then scroll along the edit options at the bottom until you reach the button labeled "Presets".
11. Scroll until you find the preset you just downloaded and labeled. If this is your first time using presets, the preset you just downloaded should be the only one - at the top of the list. Click on the preset - and voilà, your photo is edited.
12. If you press down on your new photo in Lightroom, the app has this great feature that will immediately show you the before version of your photo. Compare the before and after below. The edited photo has much more warmth, living up to the word "sunlit" in the preset's name.
13. Click the share button in the top right corner. Then select the "Export as ..." from the bottom of the list.
14. Make sure you're exporting your photo as "Largest Available Dimensions" and at 100% image quality. Then click the checkmark in the top right corner. After a moment, a menu will pop up. Scroll down to select "Save Image".
15. Now your edited photo is saved to your camera roll. Post it to Instagram to show off your work!
You can follow the process above again and again. Keep trying out new presets until you find one that fits your aesthetic. Free presets are great to start out with, but sometimes purchasing presets from digital creators can really take your feed to the next level. Happy editing!
#presets #lightroompresets #instagramedits #photoediting #adobe #adobelightroom #lightroom #etsy #downloads #filesapp #iphone #ihponephotography #iclouddrive #cameraroll #saveimageas #howto #howtouseinstagrampresets