How to Use Instagram Stories Drafts
After a slow roll out, the feature that allows Instagram users to save Instagram Stories as drafts is now available to all Instagram users. If you struggle to consistently show up on your Stories, this feature will be a game changer for you. It allows you to create your stories in the app and save them for later use, without ever saving anything to your camera roll. We have the step - by - step guide for using the Instagram Stories Draft feature.
1. Tap the + sign in the top right corner to open up the creator. Swipe the carousel at the bottom until you land on "STORY".
2. Build a Story as normal. Instead of clicking "Send To", tap the X in the top left corner. A pop up will appear in the center of the screen. Select "Save Draft". Another pop up will appear with the message "Drafts will be permanently deleted 7 days after you first save them."
3. To access your Story drafts, go to the creator and tap on the icon in the bottom left corner (where you normally access your camera roll). The drafts will be stored above your camera roll. Tap manage if you want to delete stories in mass.
4. To delete multiple stories, tap "Select". After you've selected the drafts you want to delete, tap "Delete" at the bottom of the screen.
5. You can easily open a draft, click the X again, and re-save it to your drafts by clicking "Keep Draft."
6. Whenever you're ready to post a draft, simply select it from the drafts section and then share it to your story.
BONUS TIP 🔥: Have you ever been trying to tag a location or handle in your story and can't remember what it is was, and you have to abandon your story to go search it on Instagram? Now you can add GIFs, locations, stickers, and tags to your Instagram Story and save it to your drafts.
Now you can batch create Instagram stories and save them to your Instagram Stories drafts. They won't auto-publish for you, but it will be way more efficient than trying to create stories on the go throughout your day. This feature will also be great to help you stay in the moment when you're at an "Instagrammable" experience. You can take photos and videos throughout the day and save them to your Instagram Stories drafts, and later in the day go back in and add text, music, GIFs, and tags. We're definitely going to be utilizing this new feature for ourselves and our clients!