How to Create a Seamless Carousel Instagram Post with Canva
Updated: May 27, 2022
We're always trying to find the easiest ways for you to achieve current social media trends. Right now, the seamless carousel post is taking over Instagram. If you aren't a pro at Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop, you can still achieve this look with Canva, and we have the step - by - step guide. We'll break down how we made the post below.
1. Go into Canva and click "Create a design". Then choose custom dimensions. The height will always be 1080 pixels. Use this formula for your width:
number of slides you want x 1080 = width
We wanted 3 slides, so our width is 3240 pixels.
2. Click on File. Then click "Show Rulers". Or if you love keyboard shortcuts like us, simply press the shift key and the letter R at the same time.
3. Click on the left ruler, and drag over until you reach 1080 pixels. Keep repeating this process and drag the ruler to multiples of 1080 until the canvas is divided into your desired number of slides.
4. Now start designing your post. The key to making an eye catching seamless post is to make sure that elements overlap the ruler guides so they'll show up on 2 slides in your carousel post.
5. Download your image as a PNG file, and open up Postrcron.com/imagesplitter in another tab.
6. Upload your image, and set the columns to 3 (or the number of slides in your design) and the rows to 1. Click "Split Image".
7. Finally, click "Download Image", and you'll have 3 perfectly split slides to upload to Instagram as a seamless carousel post.
You don't have to be a graphic design wiz to succeed on social media, but you do have to be open to learning and using hacks and shortcuts wherever you can find them. A great place to find hacks and shortcuts? Media A La Carte's weekly newsletter - Get Social. Subscribe here!